Stress Relief Tips

Good afternoon readers! 🙂 It has been a while since I’ve posted a blog post that can be added to the resources page (if you haven’t seen this page, check it out sometime. It contains all of the helpful blog posts that I’ve posted.) One topic I have yet to cover is something that may come from time to time especially when you’re preparing for a midterm or final test, stress! Now there are many different kinds of factors that contribute to stress of course but here I’ll be focusing on the stress relief tips for students when preparing for a midterm, final, project, presentation, etc.

Stress Relief Tips for Students:

• Listen to music
    The power that music has to change your mood from one minute to the other is amazing. If you’re stressing out over anything then it’s good to listen to your favorite playlist while you’re preparing for anything (if of course you can still focus on your work without it being too much of a distraction). You can also take a break from that for a short time and listen to music.
  • Have a snack/lunch/dinner
  • Go out for a walk
    Walking around our campus, a park, neighborhood, etc. when you are under stressful circumstances is a great way to relax and lower your stress. Listening to music while walking too may even be more helpful as well.
  • Take breaks between studying times
    It’s really important to take a break when you’re studying for anything or working on something, this allows your stress to lower and for you to better understand what it is that you’re studying. If you’re writing a paper or working on a project, divide the particular assignment into different parts and take breaks between each.
  • Do not procrastinate
    One of the major reasons for being stressed for any assignment can be contributed to procrastination. If you wait to work on any assignment or study for a test until the day before it’s due then the likelihood of you being stressed is of course much higher. If you have a project or essay, consider working on different parts of it at different days so that you can focus on each on different days. If you have a test, consider studying for it by chapters on different days so that you can have better knowledge on what each chapter covers.
  • Study in groups
    If you are studying for a test, consider studying for it in a group with students from your class. This is a great way to reduce the stress that you may have with studying for a test as everyone in the group can talk about the test and ask any questions that others may be able to answer about it.
  • The Library: Writing Center
    If you’re writing an essay or a paper for a project and aren’t sure how to start writing it or need guidance as to how to organize your paper, then the library has your solution! In the first floor the Writing Center is there for all students! I haven’t been there myself, but if you are stressing over a paper then I’d highly recommend going there as this is a free service provided by our school for all of our students!
  • The Library
    If you believe that you’re stressing out over studying for that test or writing the paper because of background noises then the library is of course the best place to go to on campus to ensure that you can completely focus on your assignment.
  • The Library- Group Study Rooms
    If you’re studying for a test in groups or working a group project then the second floor of the library is your best option to go to to ensure that you’re at a distraction-free place where you can talk to everyone. These rooms are available to whoever gets to the rooms first but are only for groups. Some of them even have projectors as well which are great if you are working on or practicing a presentation.

These are all great ways to reduce stress for students! I know that sometimes there may be classes that are tough (I’ve had those classes too) where the material itself is stressful and difficult to understand but if you study in groups or ask questions in class or go to your professors office during office hours, then you’ll be better prepared than if you do not.

Do you have stress relief tips that you’d like to share as well? Leave a comment below! 🙂

6 thoughts on “Stress Relief Tips

1. I think it’s really important to clear your mind of everything that is stressing you out. It may sound like it will just make you not do anything, but my stress usually comes from thinking of everything I have to do in this huge bulk. If you push the bulk or stressors out and focus on one thing at a time, it makes things a lot easier. Writing things down in a planner is also helpful when it comes to managing your time.

• I agree. Writing down a list of things that you need to do and when you need to do them by is a great way to reduce stress. Thanks for sharing your idea! 🙂